Sixth Edition of Destination Kerala CEO Roundtable to Focus on Sanitation Sector
Kochi: The sixth edition of ‘Eram Group presents Destination Kerala CEO Roundtable: The Growth Dialogues,’ to be held at Hotel Crowne Plaza in Kochi on September 15, will focus on the theme ‘Building a Sustainable Business Model in Sanitation.’ Hotel Crowne Plaza Kochi is the hospitality partner of the event.
The titans of the ‘WASH sector’ will come together to deliberate on how to build a sustainable business model in sanitation. The proceedings will be covered extensively in Destination Kerala magazine’s print and online editions. The past editions of the ‘Destination Kerala CEO Roundtable’ have focused on Tourism, Real Estate, Startup Ecosystem, Medical Value Travel (MVT) and KIIFB.
This edition's panelists include: Bincy Baby, Director & Head of Business, Eram Scientific Solutions (e-Toilet); Gopinath Parayil, MD, The Blue Yonder (River Nila project); Shamsudeen K, Head, Hi-Tech Park SEZ, NeST Group (Oceanaid Japan project for cleaning Perandoor Canal); Dr.Siddeek Ahmed, CMD, Eram Group; Siju Thomas, Ernakulam District Coordinator, Kerala Suchitwa Mission; Vishwananthan Arangath, MD, Vasco Environmental India Pvt. Ltd. (Sabarimala STP) and Zakir Hussain, Head, Corporate Business Development, Japan Market, SFO Technologies NeST Group (Oceanaid Japan project for cleaning Perandoor Canal)
Bincy Baby, Director and Head of Business, Eram Scientific Solutions
- Engineering degree from College of Engineering Trivandrum and MBA from Berchman’s Institute of Management
- Started career with Kerala State IT Mission. Involved in the implementation of National e-Governance plan, coordinating study of major departments like taxes, civil supplies, LSG, motor vehicles, labour etc. Spent nine years at IT Mission
- Joined ERAM in 2008.Heading strategic initiatives and managing collaborations with research institutions, foundations, NGOs and other entities in WATSAN network for defining and establishing new and sustainable business models, improved product and services and for sustaining the long-term impact of affordable and world-class sanitation for all
- Developing innovative concepts and establishing PoCs of entrepreneurship models in WATSAN.
Gopinath Parayil, MD, The Blue Yonder
- Gopinath Parayil founded Nila Foundation in 2004 as part of his journey to promote the unique river valley civilisation of Nila in Kerala (Bharatapuzha). While exploring a sustainable financial support for the foundation, he came up with the idea of The Blue Yonder (TBY), which is now one of the most innovative responsible travel companies in the world
- In December 2009, Outlook business magazine featured Gopinath amongst the 50 Social Entrepreneurs in India
- An official Responsible Tourism Partner for ITB Berlin and ITB Asia, The Blue Yonder has won multiple international awards and recognitions for their Responsible Tourism initiatives, including from CondeNast Traveler
- Gopinath co-founded Responsible Tourism Networking that brings together Responsible Tourism practitioners from around the world during trade shows like ITB Berlin and WTM London
- The Blue Yonder was recently chosen by India´s first Biennale in Kochi as its official tour partner
Shamsudeen K, Head, NeST, Hi-Tech Park SEZ
- Degree in Economics; Masters in Industrial Relation & Personnel Management and MBA from Rajendra Prasad University
- Diploma in Health & Social Management from Micomannesmann Academy for Science & Education, Hannover, Germany
- Started career with Balmer Lawrie & Co., (A Government of India Enterprise)
- Later, joined Kerala State Coir Marketing Federation (Coir Fed)
- Worked closely with Ministry for Third World Development West Germany through an NGO Nachbal Hilfe Indien Ev, based in Seigdorf, near Munich
- Was the Corporate Head of Admin as well as Project for Amalgam Group of Companies till 1999
- From 1999 till date with NeST Group; Now heading Electronic City SEZ project & other infrastructure of the Group
Dr. Siddeek Ahmed, CMD, Eram Group
- Dr. Siddeek Ahmed is an Indian businessman, philanthropist and humanist.
- He is the Chairman and Managing Director of Eram Group, a diversified conglomerate with interests in Construction and Technical Services, Trading and Supplies, Logistics and Support Services, Consultancy and Corporate Services, Automobile Sales and Service, Travel and Tourism, Information Technology and Electronics, Media and Advertising, Manufacturing, Scientific Research and Development, Food and Catering, and Healthcare, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Kingdom of Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, United Kingdom, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, Turkey and the United States of America.
- Eram Group is the largest diversified business group to be licenced by SAGIA (Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority). Eram Group provides direct employment to more than 20,000 people. Forbes Middle East has ranked Dr. Siddeek Ahmed at number 14 in their 2016 list of Top 100 Indian Business Leaders in the Arab World.
- As President of Kozhikode District Football Association and Chairman, Competition Committee, Kerala Football Association, Dr. Sideek has helped revive Malabar region’s soccer legacy by hosting the Sait Nagjee Football Tournament in Kozhikode in 2016 after a gap of 21 years.
Shiju Thomas, District Coordinator, Kerala Suchitwa Mission, Ernakulam
- Assistant Development Commissioner, Department of Rural Development, Government of Kerala
- Serving as District Coordinator, Kerala Suchitwa Mission, Ernakulam since September 2016
- Served as Block Development Officer from August 2011 to September 2015
- Served as Assistant Development Commissioner (General), Thrissur from September 2015 to August 2016
Vishwananthan Arangath, MD, Vasco Environmental India Pvt. Ltd.
- BE Civil Engineering from Osmania University | MS Civil Engineering from Texas A&M University.
- Started career as District Environmental Engineer, Laredo District, Texas Department of Transportation | Assistant Health Scientist, McLaren/Hart Inc.
- Wears multiple hats - MD of Vasco Environmental India | Director on Board, Vasco Scientifics | MD of Sanathan Infrastrcuture and Developers | President and CEO, Learning Scholars | MD of Arouba Technologies | CEO, Seashore Sanathan WLL, Qatar
Zakir Hussain, GM -Corporate Business Development, Japan Market, SFO Technologies
- Bachelor of Engineering from Madras University (Electrical & Electronics); Training at Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Kobe Works, Japan
- Employed at Mitsubishi Electric Engineering Co. Ltd., Kobe Office, Japan as Power Plant Design Engineer
Worked as Liaison Manager for Mitsubishi Electric Corporation in Chennai; Worked as Senior Manager, SCM at Mitsubishi Electric Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon.
- Working at NeST/SFO Corporate Office as General Manager Corporate Business Development for Japanese market, including IT, Hardware, R&D and Training, including operations of SFO Japan branch office
- Japanese Language Proficiency: Passed Japanese Proficiency Test (JLPT) Level 2 June | Passed Business Japanese (JETRO) Level J1